Penn Slammer Saltwater Spinning Reel Review
From the house of Penn Fishing comes this new spinning reel series that has become the prime choice of the most significant serious anglers of saltwater fishing, Charter Captains as well as Professional Guides that target trophy fish. The Penn Slammer Spinning Reel is a metal bodied reel that is tough and is capable of fighting the meanest fish there are. Nothing could be as solid as this reel from Penn.
The American made quality remains the same but it has a high performance that is consistent and smooth. There is no doubt why the Penn Slammer has become the finest spinning reel ever made by Penn. This metal bodied reel has 6 ball bearings made of stainless steel and of infinite anti-reverse and a shaft made of stainless steel as well that is fully supported. It can withstand the pressure of the new super braid lines and large gamefish.
Penn Slammer Saltwater Spinning Reels Available On eBay
NIB Penn Fishing Reel Slammer 560 Store Close Out Infinite anti reverse
Time Remaining: 1d 18h 1m
Buy It Now for only: $159.99
BLACK Replacement Knob fits PENN Conquer Slammer Spinners
Time Remaining: 2d 5h 16m
Buy It Now for only: $29.95
Penn rod and reel combo Penn Slammer 560 With Penn International II
Time Remaining: 4d 23h 36m
Buy It Now for only: $180.00
Penn slammer 760 new in box spare spool only
Time Remaining: 5d 15h 41m
Buy It Now for only: $33.33
The lightweight metal frame provides durability, performance and reliability on both light and heavy tackle. The HT 100 Drag Washer under the spool is well shielded and helps slowing down the fish. This reel also uses Penn’s patent Techno-Balanced Rotor to remove rotor wobble. The Leveline Oscillation System provides the anglers the most reliable and consistent line lay. The Worm Drive offers consistent gear engagement for the perfect line lay. This makes it ideal for trophy catches with light line pursuits. This Penn Slammer Spinning Reel Series has 5 models in it and we have followed up on each one for you.
1. Penn Slammer 260 Spinning Reel – This model has a mono capacity of 220 yards of 8 lb of fishing line. It has 5 stainless ball bearings and 1 infinite anti reverse roller bearing. It has a gear ratio of 5.1:1 and allows a line retrieve of 25 inches per crank with a weight of 12.2 oz.
2. Penn Slammer 360 Spinning Reel – This model has a mono capacity of 240 yards of 10 lb of fishing line. It too has 5 ball bearings and 1 roller bearing. This reel has a gear ratio of 5.1:1 like the 260 Slammer. With a weight of 12.9 oz the 360 Slammer allows a line retrieve of 28 inches per crank.
3. Penn Slammer 460 Spinning Reel – This model in this series has a mono capacity of 240 yards like the 360 Slammer but of 12 lb of fishing line. It has 5 ball bearings and 1 roller bearing as well. With a weight of 19.4 oz it the 460 Slammer allows a line retrieve of 27 inches.
4. Penn Slammer 560 Spinning Reel – This spinning reel model comes with a mono capacity of 240 yards of 15 lb of fishing line. It has 5 ball bearings and 1 roller bearing. The 560 Slammer has a gear ratio of 4.6:1. It has a weight of 19.9 oz and has a line retrieve of 30 inches per crank.
5. Penn Slammer 760 Spinning Reel – This model has a mono capacity of 300 yards of 20 lb of fishing line. This reel unlike the rest has 6 ball bearings and 1 roller bearing. It has a gear ratio of 4.7:1. With a weight of 26.8 oz the 760 Slammer allows a line retrieve of 38 inches per crank.
View All Penn Saltwater Spinning Reel reviews